Fiber Network Engineer
Experienced Non - Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Key participant in the design and deployment ofcompany co-location and lit service products which include the physicalinsideplant networkingand the Hardware / Software administration at the transportlevel, including routers, hubs, switches, and other cross connect fibertermination equipment.
- Maintain SLA's for commercial Lit servicesclients regarding Network availability and interact with the Help Desk,including fault isolation & troubleshooting through final resolution ofissues that may translate to network degradation or outage.
- Respond to major events and outages as theyoccur and work through such issues until successfully resolved.
- Develop and maintain Disaster Recoveryprocedures related to the Co-Location facility.
- Provide facility maintenance to include budgets,schedules and reports as requested of all needs and transactions from Vendors,Customers and Core Network to appropriate Crown Castle Management.
- Set and adhere to project deadlines andproactively manage communication with peers and clients relating to deploymentof new services or modification of existing services.
- Layout provision and project manage physicalcage and footprint for Lit Service customers occupying co-locations centerspace.
- Manage all co-location infrastructure includingpower distribution units, HAVC systems, emergency battery back- up, generatorsand alarming systems.
- Make technology recommendations that will increasecost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relatesto network configuration, network mapping and co-location center clientarchitectures.
- Conduct research on network products, services,protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networkingand co-location industry.
- Three (3) to five (5) years' working within a carrier class collocation environment with experience in network capacity planning, hardened Data Center or Co-location facility management, and general network management best practices
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including LUCENT, CISCO, CIENA, and hands on experience with numerous types of optical, DWDM and Ethernet test equipment (ISP/OSP) but not limited to: ACTERNA, EXFO
- Working knowledge of OSP Insight a plus and must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in using Fiber Test Equipment, including OTDR and Power Meter test equipment