Fiber Network Engineer
Experienced Non - Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Key participant in the design and deployment ofcompany co-location and lit service products which include the physicalinsideplant networkingand the Hardware / Software administration at the transportlevel, including routers, hubs, switches, and other cross connect fibertermination equipment.
- Maintain SLA's for commercial Lit services clientsregarding Network availability and interact with the Help Desk, including faultisolation & troubleshooting through final resolution of issues that maytranslate to network degradation or outage.
- Respond to major events and outages as they occurand work through such issues until successfully resolved.
- Develop and maintain Disaster Recovery proceduresrelated to the Co-Location facility.
- Provide facility maintenance to include budgets,schedules and reports as requested of all needs and transactions from Vendors,Customers and Core Network to appropriate Crown Castle Management.
- Set and adhere to project deadlines andproactively manage communication with peers and clients relating to deploymentof new services or modification of existing services.
- Layout provision and project manage physical cageand footprint for Lit Service customers occupying co-locations center space.
- Manage all co-location infrastructure includingpower distribution units, HAVC systems, emergency battery back- up, generatorsand alarming systems.
- Make technology recommendations that will increasecost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates tonetwork configuration, network mapping and co-location center clientarchitectures.
- Conduct research on network products, services,protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking and co-location industry.
- Three (3)to five (5) years' working within a carrier class collocation environment withexperience in network capacity planning, hardened Data Center or Co-locationfacility management, and general network management best practices
- Workingtechnical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internetstandards, including LUCENT, CISCO, CIENA, and hands on experience with numeroustypes of optical, DWDM and Ethernet test equipment (ISP/OSP) but not limitedto: ACTERNA, EXFO
- Workingknowledge of OSP Insight a plus and must be proficient in Microsoft OfficeSuite
- Proficiencyin using Fiber Test Equipment, including OTDR and Power Meter test equipment
- Experienceand success with LAN, WAN, and WLAN design and implementation
- Stronginterpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability touse thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Goal Oriented
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result